- The minimum fare for jeepneys will increase from P7 to P8 following the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board's (LTFRB) approval of the transport groups' petition. The P40 taxi flag-down rate is also back.
- The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) said it has introduced changes on the Procurement Law in order to expedite the construction of public infrastructure in the country.
- Cebu Pacific (PSE: CEB) launches two new routes to Mindanao. The new routes include flights between Cagayan de Oro and Tagbilaran and Bacolod.
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) put on hold the issuance of number coding exemption certificates. In addition, MMDA also extended its no window hours policy for the number coding scheme up to July 31.
- A common station for MRT and LRT lines will start construction this year.
- The House Committee on Transportation has approved the Traffic Crisis Act of 2016. This bill will give exclusive power to the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to control, manage and regulate land-based traffic and structures in Metro Manila, Metro Cebu and Metro Davao.
- The "nose-in, nose-out" policy of Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will be strictly reinforced by issuing traffic violation tickets to bus drivers who will violate the policy.
- Froelich Tours' point-to-point (P2P) bus service operations resumed on Sunday. This is the agreement reached by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) with Froelich Tours Inc. in favor of the riding public.
- The Department of Transportation (DOTr) launched on Tuesday a new point-to-point (P2P) bus service from Alabang to Ortigas.