- The Social Security System (SSS) announced on Wednesday some P7 billion worth of pension will be released to about 2.2 million pensioners beginning the first week of March.
- People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) President Ramon Segismundo said that the additional SSS premium may result in wage increase demand.
- The lower house of the Congress of the Philippines has approved the House Joint Resolution No.10 and House Bill No. 2158.
- President Rodrigo Duterte approved on Tuesday a P1,000 increase in pension, along with a corresponding hike in premiums for members.
SSS Pension Hike Vs Higher Contribution: 3 Reasons Why SSS, Econ Managers Push For Contribution IncreaseThe Social Security System (SSS) proposed for an increase of 1.5 percentage point rise in members’ monthly contribution alongside the grant of pension hike. SSS executives and economic managers said it is necessary to keep the fund from losing its money.
- A pension increase for Social Security System members may not come unless there is a corresponding adjustment in contributions, Socioeconomic planning secretary Ernesto Pernia said on Friday.
- The Social Security System (SSS) is presenting six options on how to implement the proposed P2,000 across-the-board increase in the monthly pension of retirees.
- Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Zarate said that the proposed bill for the Social Security System (SSS) pension hike has been granted an approval for review.
- SSS will again attempt to bid out the lease of their HK Sun Plaza property along Roxas Boulevard. This time, it wants the lease to be on a long term basis.
- SSS President and CEO Emilio de Quiros, Jr called on the administration to come up with a "funding mechanism" to prolong the fund's life to support plans of monthly pension hike for retired members.