Renewable energy is energy which comes from natural resources such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, and geothermal heat, which are renewable (naturally replenished).
- AC Energy Holdings Inc. (AC Energy) closes a $150 million (P7.45 billion), 75-megawatt (MW) wind power project deal in Indonesia. AC Energy partners with UPC Renewables Indonesia Ltd. for this project.
- Climate change is a reality we can’t run away from considering that we get hit by 19 or 20 typhoons per year. But aside from worrying about this daunting number, the country also has to worry about the intensity of the typhoons that come our way.
- The Lopez-led firms Energy Development Corporation and First Gen Energy Solutions, Inc. signed an agreement with retail giant to install solar panels on the rooftop of the Gaisano Capital Iloilo in La Paz.
New DoE Chief Cusi Receives Several Requests From Energy Companies Regarding Renewable Energy ProductionVarious energy companies bared their requests for new Department of Energy secretary Alfonso Cusi.
- Meralco chair and businessman Manuel V. Pangilinan said the government needs $30 B investment to meet the power demand of the country in 2030. He said a clear policy can guide investors, and that there is a cost consequence in developing power plants from different resources.
- PetroSolar worked with companies such as Conergy, Syntegra Solar, Media Construction, Philcantech Enterprises and Phesco Inc. to construct the biggest solar power plant in the Philippines to date.