Religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
Religion is often described as a communal system for the coherence of belief focusing on a system of thought, unseen being, person, or object, that is considered to be supernatural, sacred, divine, or of the highest truth. Moral codes, practices, values, institutions, tradition, rituals, and scriptures are often traditionally associated with the core belief, and these may have some overlap with concepts in secular philosophy. Religion is also often described as a "way of life" or a life stance.
The term "religion" refers both to the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction. "Religion" is sometimes used interchangeably with "faith" or "belief system," but it is more socially defined than personal convictions, and it entails specific behaviors, respectively.
- The list of churches to visit in Metro Manila this Holy Week includes the Malate Church and the Manila Cathedral.
- Pope Francis has temporarily extended church forgiveness for abortion, allowing all priests to absolve women of the grave sin of deliberately terminating their pregnancy.
- Restoration works on the Edicule and the interior tomb led to the uncovering of Jesus Christ’s tomb.
- The Roman Catholic Church has recently announced new rules on the burial of the dead and on the conservation of the human ashes in cases of cremation.
- Authorities believe the scam is perpetuated by a syndicate inside the DFA and NCMF.
- Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle initiates the Sanlakbay sa Pagbabago ng Buhay program, a community-based approach to address the drug dependence among many Filipinos in the country.
- Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta was canonized by Pope Francis as a Saint of the Catholic Church on Sept. 4.
- Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle said that every form of killing should be condemned. He also said that aside from extra judicial killings related to the war on drugs, people should be vigilant about abortion, unfair labor practices and food wastage.
- The Istanbul Ataturk Airport was attacked by three armed suicide bombers on Tuesday. They opened fire near an entry point to the terminal, then blew themselves up as the police fired back at them.