- Banco de Oro (BDO) Unibank and Shizuoka Bank Ltd (SB) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to expand SB's operations in the Philippines.
- Sun Life Asset Management Company, Inc. wants Filipinos to invest through its new Auto-Invest Program, which was launched in June.
- BDO announced it will part ways with Generali Group, its partner through its joint venture forming Generali Pilipinas Holdings Company Inc. (GPHC) since 1999.
- On Tuesday, Security Bank listed its new common shares on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
- Universal and commercial banks (U/KBs) continued to account for 90 percent of the banking system’s total resources, according to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. recently secured from the Social Security System pension fund a P2 billion loan to expand its lending business to small and medium enterprises (SME).
- The World Bank recently unveiled the “Labor Market Review: Employment and Poverty in the Philippines” report that highlights the underemployment rate in the country and its unabated challenges.
- The personal remittances of Overseas Filipino Workers in April was $2.4 billion (P111 billion), which was higher than the $2.126 billion (P99 billion) remittance in April 2015.
- BFSB posted a loan portfolio of P200 billion in loans as of November 2015 and is expecting to match this number in 2016.