- Deutsche Bank has just announced its plans to raise €8 billion (approximately P427.1 billion) and undertake major restructuring across its organization.
- Union Bank of the Philippines posted a 67 percent growth of its consolidated net income for 2016 while it also announced its partnership with Insular Life.
- Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a loan agreement that will provide financing facility for the agribusiness investments in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) approved the guidelines for new bank service channels. BSP also gave the banks the flexibility in designing appropriate and cost-efficient ways to render deposit pick-up and delivery services.
- The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) said that foreign portfolio investments transactions reached US$354 million (P17.56 billion) in 2016. Hot money or outflows reached US$17.2 billion (P853.37 billion).
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) says in a report that BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO) is number one among the Philippine banks in terms of assets as of September 2016. Metrobank and Land Bank place second and third respectively.
- China Bank announced on Tuesday that clients only have until Jan. 31 to claim their new EMV-ready Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) cards for free at their branch of account.
- Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) will serve the banking needs of the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) through an OFW Bank in September 2017.
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) said that the old banknote series or the New Design Series (NDS) launched in 1985 can be exchanged at face value and free of charge until Dec. 31.