- "Top Gear UK" returns with a new season and features Matt LeBlanc as the main host.
- PAL-V has just made flying cars commercially available.
- Ford has just committed to investing $1 billion (P50 billion) in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for its autonomous vehicle program.
- General Motors Co. and Honda partner up for a revolutionary fuel cell systems project.
- Isuzu Philippines has just completed deliveries for big orders from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and private trucking firm AMRMR Trucking Corporation.
- Clima Mobility's Adonis Lagangan, an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) and mechanical engineer, was able to build his own electric car. It is also a member of the Electric Vehicle Association of the Philippines (EVAP).
- The Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines, Inc. (CAMPI) is positive that the industry will be able to hit sales of 360,000 units of cars for 2016. This is 12.5 percent higher than 2015's sales and slightly higher than the earlier projected sales of 350,000 units.