- Cebu Pacific partnered up with Air France KLM Engineering and Maintenance for a long-term contract to maintain, support and repair majority of its Airbus planes.
- Cebu Pacific Air opened new flights from Cagayan de Oro to Bacolod and Bohol on Monday. The airline will have four flights daily to Bohol and three flights to Bacolod.
- Cebu Pacific recently announced it will be utilizing ultralight Expliseat airline seats for its Cebgo ATR 72-600 aircraft.
- Singapore Airlines has just announced that it intends to offer a fifth flight from Manila.
- AirAsia has just received approval to provides flights to the US.
- Cebu Pacific (PSE: CEB) launches two new routes to Mindanao. The new routes include flights between Cagayan de Oro and Tagbilaran and Bacolod.
- Singapore Airlines believes 2017 will be a good year for Philippine travel.
- Filipino pilot Capt. Dexter "Dex" Comendador is now the new president and CEO of AirAsia Philippines.