- The Bureau of Customs' (BOC) intelligence agents confiscated alleged smuggled rice worth P20 million in a warehouse in Taytay, Rizal on Feb. 2.
- The Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary Emmanuel F. Piñol said Iran wants to establish agricultural trade relations with the Philippines by importing its apples and other products.
- An initial P500 million rehabilitation fund for Bicol Region was approved by President Rodrigo Duterte. The fund is intended for the recovery of agriculture and fisheries industry affected by Typhoon Nina (international name: Nock-ten).
3 Fast Facts About The P450-K Worth Rolex Watch That Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol Refused To AcceptThe Rolex watch that Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol refused to accept was a rare edition of Rolex Submariner Date. The watch can only be bought in the Philippines in Cebu City.
- Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F. Piñol said that agriculture production could boost up to four percent in the fourth quarter.
- National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Chief Ernesto Pernia is optimistic the Philippines will meet its GDP target for 2016.
- The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) has launched an awards program that will recognize coastal municipalities for their efforts towards the improvement of marine life.
- The joint position paper signed by Vice President Leni Robredo and other key cabinet members branded the policy against land conversion as “anti-poor.”