- You have to congratulate the brains behind “Clean Coal” for cleverly marrying two words that are not compatible, at least not yet. The word “clean” is not something that comes to mind when coal is discussed, and “clean” should definitely not be associated with acid rain, perilous mines, lung cancer, skin diseases, mercury contamination and climate change.
- Here's what you need to know about SpaceX's plans to send two private citizens around the moon by 2018.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is about to make an announcement regarding a discovery beyond the solar system.
- A group of scientists has made an amazing discovery of a hidden continent named Zealandia, a nearly submerged continental fragment discovered in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean.
- The first total solar eclipse visible from US continent after nearly four decades will occur Aug. 21. The rare celestial event in known as the "Great American Total Solar Eclipse."
- Senator Loren Legarda seeks for the establishment of a Philippine Space Development Policy and the creation of the Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) through Senate Bill No. 1259 or the Philippine Space Act.
- The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology-Department of Science and Technology (PHIVOLCS-DOST) reported no tsunami threat despite a magnitude 7.2 earthquake in Sulu Sea on Tuesday at 2:13 pm. PHIVOLCS-DOST also recorded other quakes that happened later on the same day in some parts of Mindanao.
- Add skywatching in your list of activities for 2017 as we give you a complete guide on what’s up in the night sky for the entire month of January.
- A low pressure (LPA) in the Pacific Ocean is being monitored since Tuesday and it may bring rains in some parts of the country on Christmas day. The weather disturbance is forecast to intensify into a typhoon and may enter the Philippine area of responsibility before the weekend.
- Skywatchers should not miss the third and final supermoon on Dec. 14. The first two supermoons happened on Oct. 14 and Nov. 14. Supermoon is the phenomenon wherein the Earth, Moon and Sun are all in a line, with the Moon in its nearest approach to Earth.