- The Chamber of Mines of the Philippines (COMP) asked the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) to give full disclosure of the mining audit reports of the companies subjected to the department's mining industry review.
- The Bureau of Customs' (BOC) intelligence agents confiscated alleged smuggled rice worth P20 million in a warehouse in Taytay, Rizal on Feb. 2.
- President Rodrigo Duterte also stopped all National Bureau of Investigation's (NBI) anti-illegal drug operations after Philippine National Police's (PNP) suspension from his war on drugs campaign. The responsibilities on the fight against illegal drugs were solely back to PDEA with the help of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) supports the House Bill (HB) No. 4721 providing employees the "right to disconnect."
- Intelligence agents of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) confiscated high-end communication and electronic gadgets and fresh red Indian onions worth millions of pesos.
- President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the dismantling of all anti-illegal drug units in the Philippine National Police (PNP). The PNP will focus first on the organization's internal cleansing.
- People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) President Ramon Segismundo said that the additional SSS premium may result in wage increase demand.
- The House Committee on Transportation has approved the Traffic Crisis Act of 2016. This bill will give exclusive power to the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to control, manage and regulate land-based traffic and structures in Metro Manila, Metro Cebu and Metro Davao.
- The lower house of the Congress of the Philippines has approved the House Joint Resolution No.10 and House Bill No. 2158.
4 Things To Know About Medical & Dental Clinics' Exemption From Mayor's Permit Or Business Permit RequirementThe exemption of medical and dental clinics from securing a Mayor's permit or business permit has been cleared by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) through the Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 2016-170.
- President Rodrigo Duterte is facing a possible impeachment with his pronouncement that he would not allow the policemen tagged in the killing of Albuera, Leyte mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr. to go to jail.
- DSWD Secretary Judy Taguiwalo signed on Thursday the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the Republic Act (RA) 10754 or An Act Expanding the Benefits and Privileges of Persons with Disability (PWDs).