Health & Medicine
- Acne vulgaris which has affected millions of people around the world, could possibly be eliminated for good, thanks to the Acne Vaccine Project.
- Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Nickelodeon’s “SpongeBob SquarePants” revealed has been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a neurological disease.
- A raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is one of the oldest and most useful natural remedies on earth
- The World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Friday that recent findings of the Ebola vaccine reveal that it can be effective.
- The Department of Health is taking a step forward to extend help to HIV patients amid the alarming rise in HIV/AIDS cases globally, as it expands the antiretroviral therapy (ART) program in the Philippines.
- The recent study on Dengvaxia, the world’s first dengue vaccine, revealed that while it offers protection on all four dengue virus types, its efficacy differs among age groups.
- In celebration of the World Aids Day 2016, the Department of Health encouraged anew the use of condoms amid the alarming rise in number of HIV and AIDS cases among youth in the country.
- Dr. Manalastas, 27, helped a woman deliver her baby in the backseat of a car. The doctor’s act of kindness has gone viral in social media this October.
- The Philippines reported on Monday its first case of Zika virus infecting a pregnant woman in Cebu City.
- World Alzheimer's Day was celebrated on Wednesday. Studies made about the disease show a lower risk of it happening in "super-agers," or older adults with extraordinary memory performance who practice a healthy lifestyle and embody total quality of life.