- Around 6,000 people protested in front of the Coca-Cola plant in Bacolod City on Monday against the use and importation of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in beverages.
- SteelAsia is eyeing the National Steel Corporation (NSC) in Iligan City and has already offered to buy it. It is willing to negotiate with all valid claimants for an asset-purchase arrangement.
- Airbus may remove the grand staircase in the A380 in order to make room for more passengers.
- Five companies are offering great remote jobs for 2017, including Allergan and VIPKID.
- The Kraft Heinz Company has decided to withdraw from its merger offer to Unilever.
- Universal Robina Corporation (URC) has entered into a joint venture with Vitasoy for the development of sustainable plant-based beverages.
- San Miguel Corp (SMC) has just acquired an integrated wine packaging services company in Australia.
3 Points To Consider About San Miguel Purefoods Company's Financial Performance For The First 9 Months Of 2016San Miguel Pure Foods Company, Inc. (SMPFCI) recorded an impressive 29 percent net income growth from January to September 2016. The income growth mainly came from the company's branded value-added businesses.
- Holcim Philippines, Inc. posted an increase of 15.3 percent of net income from July to September. The company said infrastructure projects of both public and private institutions boosted their sales.
- Universal Robina Corp. booked a 4.2 percent growth in net sales for the nine months of fiscal year 2016 driven by the branded consumer foods (BCF) business in the Philippines, Indonesia and New Zealand.
- San Miguel Corporation will donate P1 billion to support the anti-illegal drug campaign of President Rodrigo Duterte, SMC President and CEO Ramon Ang urged private sectors to make a significant contribution to the cause.