- PAL-V has just made flying cars commercially available.
- Several Lamborghini models are facing recall due to a risk of fire, including the Veneno supercar model and the Lamborghini Aventador models from 2012 to 2017.
- Ford has just committed to investing $1 billion (P50 billion) in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for its autonomous vehicle program.
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick has decided to quit Donald Trump's business advisory group amidst protest following the US President's immigration ban.
- Toyota Motor Corporation was overtaken by Volkswagen (VW) as the Top Global Seller in 2016. The Japanese automaker only delivered 10.1 million vehicles worldwide, which fell short of Germany's VW Group's 10.3 million cars, trucks and buses.
- General Motors Co. and Honda partner up for a revolutionary fuel cell systems project.
- Toyota Philippines decides to set a models production growth target amidst looming excise taxes in the industry.
- Isuzu Philippines has just completed deliveries for big orders from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and private trucking firm AMRMR Trucking Corporation.
- Uber’s self-driving car program is off to a rough start as reports of accidents involving the autonomous taxis pile up even while on its trial phase.
- Grab and Citi partnered to offer cashless payments for Grab rides using Citi credit cards.