- The country’s gross domestic product (GDP) could grow up to seven percent this quarter and six percent in 2017.
- PLDT Inc. chair and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan admitted that Rocket Internet’s performance was disappointing. However, PLDT has no plans of unloading its stake in the company.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) climbed 0.37 percent to finish at 7,629.64 points on Wednesday, April 12.
- The PSEi declined 16.51 points to close at 7,601.40 on Tuesday, April 11. Aside from this, the PSE All-Shares index also declined by 0.19 percent to finish at 4,532.92 level.
- The PSEi increased by 0.45 percent on Monday, closing at 7,617.91 level.
- The local stock market is expected to move sideways from Monday to Wednesday, April 10-12. On April 13 and 14, financial markets will be closed to observe the Holy Week's Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
PSEi Declines By 0.24 Percent After Rallying For Three Days As Fed Plans To Trim $4.5-T Worth Of BondsThe Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) failed to extend its rally for three days as it declined by 0.24 percent or 18.89 points to close at 7,565.32 level.
Pepsi's Kendall Jenner Ad Pulled Out: Three Things To Know About The Controversial Pepsi AdvertisementPepsi's new ad starring model Kendall Jenner was pulled out in less than 24 hours after it was unveiled on Tuesday. A lot of people are accusing it of trivializing the Black Lives Matter movement and other important protests.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) rallied on Wednesday to breach the 7,500 level mark, which is attributed to the optimism on the first quarter gross domestic product (GDP) growth of the country.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) went back to the 7,400 level on Tuesday, April 4, and it is mostly attributed to foreign buying.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) rebounded on Monday, April 3 with an increase of 0.41 percent, closing at 7,341.65 points. The total value turnover reached P6.24 billion.
- Stocks are expected to trade sideways ahead of the release of the US Federal Reserve's (Fed) March 14-15 minutes of the meeting on Wednesday.