Thousands of drug users and pushers have come forward to “surrender” in the five-province Davao region (Region 11) under President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration between July 1 and July 10. So far, this has been the largest number of people claiming to be part of the drug trade who have surrendered to the government.

Here are the three things to know about the drug users and pushers who “surrendered” in Davao.

1. Around 12,000 drug users and pushers recently “surrendered” to authorities.

Since the launch of the Duterte administration’s nationwide Oplan Tokhang (Toktok Hangyo or Knock and Plead) on July 1, a total of 332 drug pushers and 11,606 drug users presented themselves to authorities in Davao. They “surrendered” between July 1 and July 10.

2. The drug pushers and users surrendered in various provinces of Davao region (Region 11).

The alleged users and pushers of drugs surrendered in the following provinces:

  • Davao del Sur

  • Davao del Norte

  • Davao Oriental

  • Davao Occidental

  • Compostela Valley

Aside from these provinces, component cities of Tagum, Digos, Samal, Panabo and Davao City, also saw some people who claim to be part of the drug trade come forward.

3. Davao Del Norte currently holds the record of the most number of drug pushers and users that have surrendered to authorities.

According to data from the Police Regional Office (PRO) 11, Davao Del Norte recorded the most number with 94 drug pushers and 3,496 drug users. Police said that the suspects packed an auditorium in Tagum City on Saturday, ABS CBN News reported.

Listed below are the number of people who claim to be using and pushing drugs that have come clean:

  • Compostela Valley province: 130 pushers, 2,268 users
  • Davao City: nine pushers, 1,299 drug users
  • Davao del Sur: 14 pushers, 720 users
  • Davao Occidental: 13 pushers, 357 users
  • Davao Oriental: 72 pushers, 3,466 users

Meanwhile, the death toll continues to rise as more drug suspects are gunned down, with 15 suspects recently being killed. PRO 11 spokesperson Andrea Dela Cerna said on Sunday that the 15 killed people fired at the police or resisted arrest.

“They were killed because they fought it out with the police,” Minda News reported Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Michael John Dubria as saying.

Eight suspects were also killed in an alleged shootout with the police in North Cotabato province’s Matalam town. Authorities claim the group also resisted arrest.

Dubria said that the police followed protocols in all of the operations. He also said that they do not shoot suspects, unless they fight back with authorities.

The alarming number of killings will be investigated soon as legislators prepare to probe the matter.

The Duterte administration has also named the top drug lords in the country, as well as the police generals involved in the drug trade.

What do you think of the drug users and pushers who have “surrendered” in Davao? Let us know in the comments section below.